Severe Weather Procedures
Severe Weather Closure
We would like to remind parents of the procedure that will be followed if there is a heavy snowfall and it is decided to close the school.
- In the event of adverse weather, a decision will be made by 7am, using the Met Office weather forecast. Barley and Barkway schools will liaise.
- All parents will be emailed and our website updated with notification on the HOME page.
- It will be our aim to contact all parents before they set off for school.
- The closure will be broadcast on the following radio stations:
BBC Three Counties Radio (103.8fm/95.5fm or 630mw/1161mw) – covers the whole of Hertfordshire
Heart103 (103fm and DA digital) – covers Royston, Cambridge and Bishop’s Stortford area
- School closure will also be posted on the following website: www.hertsdirect.org
- You are also able to sign up to the Schools Closure Notification System (PTO)
For those parents who live in outlying districts we would advise to check emails and tune in to one of the above radio stations as the level of snowfall can vary between localities.
If it becomes necessary to close the school during the course of the school day we will contact you by phone to arrange for your child to be picked up. Please ensure the school office always has up-to-date mobile/work phone numbers and that your mobile is switched on. This is also important in case we need to contact you if there is an emergency with your child.